M&A Due Diligence Template
This board is a planning tool to help small to medium businesses (SMBs) manage the complexities of a merger / acquisition process. Use this template as the basis for your due diligence investigations.
The cards are organized by function to prompt you and your executive team for the documents to gather, activities to complete, and questions to ask when talking to prospective companies before the deal is signed.
Here's how to use this template:
- Create a board from this template and name it based on the companies involved. For example: "M&A - Acme / TestCo"
- Mark the board as Private and share it with only those involved in the planning and negotiation process on both teams. This may include third parties such as your attorney or banker.
- Remind all members that sensitive materials will be posted here, so this board must be strictly confidential.
- Assign cards and use the due dates and labels to manage workflow. Attach documents, links, and other materials as needed.
- Schedule a recurring meeting with all key stakeholders to review the board and keep the process moving forward.
Disclaimer: This board is for informational use only and is not intended to offer legal, financial, tax, or accounting advice. Please consult with your attorney, CPA, banker, and other professionals for guidance with any merger, acquisition, or related business agreements.
Author : Jason Gibb, Chief Project Officer @ BNG Team
Source : Trello Templates